Welcome to Stand for Quality
We represent a diverse cross-section of private health care organizations who are calling on Congress to support the performance measurement reporting and improvement enterprise. Stand for Quality's recommendations - Building a Foundation for High Quality, Affordable Health Care: Linking Performance Measurement to Health Reform - are based on extensive input and dialogue from diverse stakeholders across the healthcare system.
Stand for Quality's current efforts are focused on a long term strategy to 1) extend current funding for measure endorsement and 2) to secure funding (an additional $20 million/year) for measure development. Specifically, funding will support ongoing endorsement of measures for high-priority conditions, endorsement of measures that cross settings and conditions, support new areas of measurement such as value-based purchasing and registries, and work to facilitate the transition to eMeasures. For further information about SFQ's current efforts, please see the documents below.
- Stand for Quality Applauds Senate Finance and House Ways and Means Committees' Proposal for Physician Payment Reform, November 2013 (PDF)
- The Next Generation of Health Care Performance Measures: Proposal to Support Improved Health Outcomes and Quality Improvement, September 2012 (PDF)
- Building a Foundation for High Quality, Affordable Health Care: Linking Performance Measurement to Health Reform, March 2009 (PDF)
- Statement Regarding The Energy and Commerce Physician Payment Reform Proposal (PDF)
- Senator Begich Quality Letter to Senate Finance Committee (PDF)
- Discussion Draft Language (PDF)